Monday, November 21, 2011

Au revoir, mon amour. Keshite anata wo wasuremasen.

I know it's weird. Combining two languages in one sentence. But for some reason I like the way it sounds. And those two languages are languages that I really want to learn, especially the Japanese. I've always fascinated with anything to do with Japan. The culture, the fashion, the people, the manga, anime and so much more. It was always my...and his dream to go to Japan someday. Well, he has been there before when he was stationed (he was in U.S. Air Force) there in Japan way back then ago. But he often said he wants to visit Japan again. That was one of the reasons we were close with each other. We both are (or is it were?) crazy bout Japan. But I guess it is just mine now...

Anywho, to those who has no clue to what it means, let me break it down for you.

French
Au revoir = Goodbye
Mon Amour = My love

Japanese
Keshite = Never/by no means
Anata = You
Wo = Direct object identifier
Wasuremasen = Will never forget (polite way of saying it)

Together it means,
Goodbye my love. I will never forget you.

Well......, unless I'm dead.

No comments:

Post a Comment