Yes, that's pretty much what happen when you just got through a near death experience.
Today, when I was walking on the street, on my way back to my office, I was hit by a motorbike. Thank God, it was just like a bump ( I didn't even fell down). If I was really hit hard, I would probably set flying across the street! I was shocked, stunned. I just stood still there for couple of seconds, until I realized that I was actually still in one piece. The biker, asked if I was alright and I told I was fine, and then I just walked away back to my office like it was nothing.
When I got to my office and sat down, I was totally shaking and finally feel a little numb on my arm and thigh. I noticed I got few bruises around those areas. But other than that, no harm done. But I was still a bit shocked. I couldn't believe that just happened to me and live to tell the tale. How crazy and lucky was I?
I am really thankful to God that I am still alive. Some people said that if they went through something traumatic, they sometimes felt inspired and got a revelation or something. But I don't think I am one of those people. But I am glad I am not dead yet. There are so many things in this world that I want to do, experience. Given it is good or bad experience, I don't want to miss all of them. I think that what makes life interesting and meaningful and unique to a person. Sure I am gonna whine about alot of things, but I will accept all of them with an open heart and mind.
I believe everything happens for a reason. I always have been. Those words are like a mantra to me. It seems I have forgotten them for a while. That 'jolt' I got from the accident, reminded me of those words. Like it suddenly pop inside my head and make me realize how lucky I am to still be alive, living and breathing in this world.
Sometimes, you never know what you have until it is too late and it is time for me to embrace my fate. Whatever happen to me, I know there's a reason behind me. Either I want to take it as a setback or an opportunity, that is entirely up to me.
p/s: just because I'm gonna be positive, that doesn't mean I won't post any angst, sob blog though. It's in my blood. =P
No comments:
Post a Comment