Today I read, again, the funniest joke ever. One of my besties post an interesting and hilarious status. It's actually in Malay language and to be honest even if I translated it, it won't be hilarious as it should be because then the meaning would be totally different. It's a language thing. But to those who can read Malay language, here it is.
Suami: Ayang, abang nak kahwin lain boleh?
Isteri : Boleh, tapi syaratnya kena belajar grammar English dulu.
Suami: Errr... Aaaa, Ok2.
Isteri : Satu tu "Singular"; dua atau lebih "Plural", kan?
Suami : Betul...
Isteri : One car sebagai singular, two cars pula sebagai plural. Apa bezanya?
Suami : Ohhh... tambah huruf "s" untuk yang plural tu kan?
Isteri : Betul tu. Sama juga la untuk abang..
Suami : Macam mana pula boleh sama?
Isteri : Satu isteri abang MAMPU, jika dua isteri dah jadi plural, maka abang
MAMPUS, tambah "s" je, kan? Lalu si suami pun membatalkan hasratnya untuk berkahwin lagi...har3..^^
p/s: I seriously doubt a guy would stop marrying another woman just because he heard this one. but if you look in a logical way, he probably would be dead(mampus) if he married another one. he has to provide and give financial, physical and emotional needs to both wives. I don;t think MOST men can cope with it.
Some of my non malay friends seem to think that Malay men are lucky to be able to have more than one wife.
ReplyDeleteI told them it is not that simple, having more than one wife means having more than one mother in law/father in law.
Just one set of in law is enough to drive you crazy at times and imagine having several !
Imagine the number of extended families coming over to the house, imagine the amount of money one need to spend to visit the extended families, not to mention the expected duit raya every year, the birthday parties, kenduris and what have you.
I have a friend who is very well off and he has 2 wives. He gives them practically a blank cheque to spend and yet the wives still quarrel!
I think polygamous marriage only work in a household where the husband sprout religious order that "you woman must obey or else hell is where you will spend the rest of eternity" at the first sound of any dissatisfaction coming from the wife.
to be honest, i don't really don't understand why men need more wives IF the first wife is already almost perfect. Then again we are talking about men. MOST of them usually not thinking with their heads, instead with their lower body part if you know what I mean.
ReplyDeleteBut I do agree with you. More wives mean more trouble and more financial burden. Unless if you are really that well off, I guess it wouldn't be a problem.
But I disagree with you on the last part. Seriously, I don't think women nowadays really care bout that 'obey me or you will go to hell' stuff. Unless if you come from a religious background, then it would be possible.